For a company that wants respect and wants to perform in the true sense, it is important that online presence to be one of quality. So, when people search on the web for a something and they find your site, they should feel welcomed and pleasantly informed about your services or products, they also should see good pictures and informative text, because once visitors reach your home page, the clock is ticking.
How to make the websites better? We think one secret it is just making them cleaner, more streamlined and less cluttered, because simply doesn’t mean that it is boring, bare-bones, or unattractive.
We discovered, in our more than 10 years of experience, that the key is “simplicity”, because making a site less busy does, after all, help highlight what’s important.
We have a few suggestions:
- the content – tell your visitors something about you, but be brief.
- the scrolling – apply the same rules as in print. Like a newspaper titles, the most relevant information should be placed above the point where a visitor should begin to move the mouse to view it. As this requires less scrolling (moving the mouse to display the text in a certain direction on a computer screen in order to view different parts of it) will be even more visitor.
- maintaining a simple web design helps to capture a wider audience because that not all browsers are created equal.
- do not think that more features are better, it’s an easy trap to fall into. Keep your eyes open for new features and improvements, but make sure they add value to your website, not just quantity.
- easy navigation – to move from one webpage to the next in a user-friendly manner it is crucial. Navigation schemes should be familiar and simple to boost usability which often results in return-visits.
- add fresh content regularly – after creating a website that meets your needs, you might be tempted to leave so a while. Think better: for the site to keep the number of visitors it must be improved regularly.
- if you decide to keep it simple, also, you will have faster loading times, and this is good for your rankings
As a conclusion, the easy flow, accessible information and gentle nudges along the customer journey inspire users confidence in your brand and your products.
Whether you’re a small business or non-profit, blogger or photographer, church or youth group – GraphixFlo’s web design team will help you. Together, we’ll create an exciting future for your business.