Having a website for a company has become very important. Nowadays, people have started searching on the internet to find information of their choice, so it is useful to have a website for your company to demonstrate your company's skills in front of a large audience.
The world is beginning to be dependent on the internet and getting clients from the internet itself is not bad choice at all! Hence, having a professional website for your company is very essential. Let us discuss some of the issues related to website and make this point clear that why should we need a website?
What is a website?
A website is merely a collection of web pages, videos, images etc through which a person can move around in the world wide web. The world wide web is a collection of websites hosted on different servers having different IP addresses.
A website is a collection of related web pages written in any of the following languages:
- PHP etc.
Usually the pages of a website can be accessed from a URL (Uniform resource Locator) called the index, start or the home page.
Types of Website
Technically speaking, a website is divided into the following categories:
- Static website – A static website is the one whose content does not changes according to the user. These pages are predefined and they provide static information to the user. In other words a static web page is delivered to the client in the format as it is stored in the web server.
- Dynamic website:- A dynamic website changes itself according to user preferences. It can change frequently and automatically, based on a certain criteria. The main advantage with a dynamic website is that it is easier to maintain, update and expand. Now as you have understood the real concept of a website so let us move on to the important part of the article, that is, why do we actually need a website?
Reasons for having a website:
- Websites are a cheaper option – Websites are definite a cheaper option than having thousands of pamphlet distributed. Websites reduces your printing and mailing cost.
- Websites can reach a larger audience – If you want to reach the masses, then you must have a website. By having a website, you can be on the world wide web which is the home of millions and millions of net surfer.
- Online information are beneficial – People are always looking for some online information and therefore having updated information on your website can help them a lot. People can easily access your website from their house, offices, schools etc. and can get the desired information they are looking for.
- Websites are open 24×7 – By having a website you are open to your customers 24×7 and hence there are more chances of your company getting more business. It becomes very convenient for your customers to find you online and store any query or some new customer to find your business online.
- You can present your company at its best – A website of your company is fully controllable by you. You can manage the content of your website and can present the best view of your company.
- Business become international – By having a website, your business becomes global and is not limited to any particular country, state or city. Thus, it's a powerful medium of attracting customers from worldwide.